HOW OUR LIFE INSURANCE WORKS
Life Insurance protects your family against the financial implications of your death or terminal illness.
This ensures that should the unthinkable happen to you, they will be financially secured and able to still afford lifestyle expenses, pay off outstanding debt, education and more – even if you are no longer able to provide for them yourself.
A Life policy pays out a lump sum (choose from cover between R150 000 to a maximum of R3 million) after the death of the person noted as the Life Assured. This money is tax-free and can be used in whatever way the beneficiary sees fit – including emergency and general living expenses.
You can choose the level of life cover that best suits your needs and pocket. There are also additional benefits that come standard with certain policies, including:
- Terminal Illness Benefit, which allows for a lump sum payment when diagnosed with a terminal illness with a life expectancy of no more than 12 months.
- Guaranteed Assurability which means that when something significant happens in your life, such as buying a new house or the addition of a new family member, you can increase your level of cover by up to 25%.
PRE-PACKED WITH BENEFITS
- Affordable premiums – choose the level of life cover that best suits your needs and pocket.
- Life cover available from R150 000 to a maximum of R3 million.
- Free HIV testing nationwide – choose between a rapid HIV test, which is done by a simple finger prick or a standard HIV blood test.
- No extensive physical medical examinations are required to take up a policy.
- You can load as many beneficiaries as you like.